A look back at 2014
Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and comment on our blog posts over the past year. There were definitely a few highlights throughout 2014 in transport and urban infrastructure news. Here are some of the bigger stories of the year in case you missed any,
- The year started with the KORAIL strikes although we didn’t really cover this in depth
- Suncheon Bay’s PRT “Skycube” was officially opened one year later than expected
- Dongdaemun Design Plaza opened in March – Nikola went and checked it out
- Korail began KTX services to Incheon International Airport
- Yonsei-ro was launched as Seoul’s first transit mall
- No standing on buses was a bit of a mess
- Seoul announced the transformation of the Seoul Station overpass
- And finally the Gyeongui Line and the Jungang Line were joined up to form the Gyeonguijungang Line
Looking towards 2015
As usual, major projects usually get delayed and this year many waited in anticipation for the Incheon Airport maglev to open to no avail. We’ll have more on this soon.
There are several major projects scheduled for opening in 2015 so let’s hope that some of them will be able to launch on time! We’ll be blogging about these and other things in the new year so stay tuned. Happy New Year!